Sunday, May 17, 2009

Volunteering Made Easy

This past semester I have done some serious growing up and maturing. My whole life I have played baseball and have always dreamt of playing at the professional level one day. I have learned that while dreams are great to have, reality is always just around the corner. I have turned my dreams into teaching and coaching the youth of our country and molding minds and bodies into healthy adults. I have instructed in many youth baseball clinics throughout my life however I never had the skills that I learned in 255. In early February I instructed at the SUNY Cortland youth baseball clinic. Though early in the semester, I had already learned many teaching techniques I never previously had in my teaching arsenal. I instructed children and teenagers in the proper techniques in the basic aspect of the game of baseball. I evaluated and gave constructive feedback to the kids and gave them tips and drills they could work on to make themselves better. I also attended two teen nights at the YMCA on Tompkins Street in Cortland. At these teen nights I learned a great deal of technology using the Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution. Over the course of this semester I have done a lot of growing up and used many of the techniques I learned in 255 in my volunteer hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment