Sunday, January 25, 2009

Surprise Lesson

After joining the class late I was surprised with teaching a lesson without any preparation or equipment. I have not yet seen the video of my lesson as I'm sure I was terrible and was embarrased that I wasn't dressed properly and pretty much lost my cool while I was teaching. Lesson learned. I felt that being surprised with this lesson has really opened my eyes to situations that may present themselves once I get into the teaching world. My nervous habits are saying UM and ALRIGHT, I'm sure I'll hear a ton of that on my dvd along with other habits. I really need to learn to calm my nerves when I'm in tight situations, I was worried how my classmates would think about me and I need to learn to get passed that and understand that all of us are in the same boat and going through the same emotions and nerves. I really liked the idea of catching us of guard it showed all of my weaknesses and brought out my nervous habits that I need to work on in order to be the best teacher I can be.

1 comment: